Round Rock Chamber Announces Leadership Classes
Participants prepare to increase their leadership capabilities
ROUND ROCK, Texas – The Round Rock Chamber today announced the 2021 Leadership Round Rock (LRR) and Ascend participants. The chamber’s leadership programs are designed to help current and emerging leaders understand the dynamics of the community and the role leadership plays in its long-term success. Graduates emerge from the program with an unprecedented level of community awareness as well as insights that they can apply in the workplace. By developing a strong and diverse pool of community leaders, the chamber is ensuring that Round Rock’s future will meet or exceed its successful past.
The 2021 LRR class consists of:
- Jessica Bowers, Texas State University
- Xiomara Briseno, Round Rock Area Serving Center
- Christopher Cantu, Edward Jones
- Alicia Hawley, Dell Technologies
- Jennifer Hayhurst, Ascension Seton Williamson
- Tyler Jarl, City of Round Rock
- Rhonda Kuiper, Round Rock Public Library
- Robert Lewis, Lewis Investments
- Daniel Martey, Wells Fargo Bank
- Todd Miller, Maxwell Locke & Ritter LLP
- Priya Patel, Baylor Scott & White Health
- Armando Perez, Oncor
- Nathan Pisik, Dell Technologies
- James W. Richards, Round Rock Police Department
- Lauren Rowe, Baylor Scott and White Health
- Michele Sherwood, Sherwood Keller Williams Realty – Round Rock
- Zahir Walji, High Country Market Bistro & Cafe
“Our leadership programs are the flagship of the chamber’s talent development efforts.” said Cynthia Flores, 2021 LRR chair. “Each year participants see the full scope of the institutions that have been so successful in growing our community and how they work together.”
Leadership Round Rock consists of ten, full-day sessions occurring from January through December. Past participants are serving in roles ranging from CEOs to elected officials. The program sets the tone for responding to change by challenging participants to identify their own passions, take ownership of their surroundings, and get involved in making a difference.
Ascend is a young professional program that develops a pipeline of leaders for Round Rock through four pillars; personal development, community engagement, peer-to-peer, and community impact.
The 2021 Ascend class consists of:
- Leah Clark, District Director for State Senator Charles Schwertner
- Bolden Harris, Teravista Family Wellness
- Dalton Douglas, Austin Regional Clinic
“The chamber extends our congratulations to these community leaders and we thank them for the commitment of time they will dedicate this year,” said Jason Ball, chamber president and CEO. “The business community recognizes the true value that leadership development programs like Leadership Round Rock and Ascend provide to employers. Employees that participate generally remain in their company, are more satisfied in their community, and engage in other professional and philanthropic organizations.”
About the Round Rock Chamber
The Round Rock Chamber is the economic generator for its thriving community. The chamber initiates programs that create a dynamic business climate and improved quality of life through innovative community partnerships and invested business leaders. For more information visit, roundrockchamber.org and engage with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
Contact Us. We’re Here to Help.
Get in touch with our team to learn more about how the Round Rock Chamber can help.