Workforce Solutions Rural Capital Area (WSRCA) is expanding the scope of their work in Round Rock with the co-location of Texas Workforce Solutions – Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Services. To celebrate the grand opening, they are hosting a ribbon cutting ceremony on Monday, September 30 at 1:30 p.m. Following the ceremony, they will be conducting employer workshops from 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Food and drinks will also be provided.
Guest speakers during the ceremony will include:
- Paul Fletcher, CEO of Workforce Solutions Rural Capital Area
- Julian Alvarez, TWC Commissioner Representing Labor
- Cheryl Fuller, TWC Director of Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Mark Hiemstra, CEO of Goodwill Central Texas
This is a unique opportunity to connect local businesses with expanded workforce solutions including no-cost integrated services, and to explore how hiring workers of all abilities can help bolster operations. The workshops will highlight the following topics:
- Meet with VR Services to explore opportunities to hire, retain, and promote people with disabilities.
- Gain insights from the WSRCA Business Services Team on programs and skills training grants.
- Review services for veterans, youth, and other job seekers to upskill and meet industry demands.
- Child Care Services Specialists will explain the tuition assistance and Texas Rising Star programs.
- Learn about improved candidate matching and screening features on the new WorkInTexas.com.
The event will take place at Workforce Solutions of Williamson County located at 575 Round Rock West Drive, Building H, Suite 240, Round Rock, TX 78681.