ROUND ROCK, Texas – The Round Rock Chamber today announced the 2022 Leadership Round Rock (LRR) and Ascend participants. The Chamber’s leadership programs are designed to help current and emerging leaders understand the dynamics of the community and the role leadership plays in its long-term success. Graduates emerge from the program with an unprecedented level of community awareness as well as insights that they can apply in the workplace. By developing a strong and diverse pool of community leaders, the Chamber is ensuring that Round Rock’s future will meet or exceed its successful past.
The 2022 LRR class consists of:
- Angela Baker, Studio 16:19, LLC
- Michael Bennett, City of Round Rock
- Brandi Berry, A+ Federal Credit Union
- Josh Crawford, Garver
- Brittany Deck, Capital Title of Texas
- Heather Donahue, Moman Design
- Freddy Duarte, Prodigy Mortgage Brokers
- Eddie Franz, Jail To Jobs
- Melina Garza, SALT Light and Electric
- Jenn Hartner, Candlelight Ranch
- Jennifer Hayhurst, Seton Williamson Foundation
- Travis Isaacson, The Rios Group, Inc.
- Peggy Mica, Round Rock ISD
- Mikaela Moore, No Time For Social
- Alejandra Murillo-Samdumu, Round Rock Chamber
- Jeffrey Nagy, Halff Associates, Inc.
- Apryl Reavis, The Volunteer Center
- Nathan Rodrigues, Texas State University
- Melissa Schmalbach, Round Rock ISD Partners in Education Foundation
- Erica Solis, City of Round Rock
- Zachary Sperry, GBA
- Michael Sprott, R Bank
- Brian Stillman, City of Round Rock
- MaLea Sullivan, Maxwell Locke & Ritter
- Melana Taylor, City of Round Rock
- Clarena Tobon, United Way for Greater Austin
- Natasha Vaughan-Johnson, IKEA
- Angela Wright, Ascension Seton Williamson
“Our leadership programs are the flagship of the Chamber’s talent development efforts.” said Cynthia Flores, 2022 LRR chair. “Each year participants see the full scope of the institutions that have been so successful in growing our community and how they work together. We welcome twenty-eight participants to the 2022 program.”
Leadership Round Rock consists of at least ten, full-day sessions occurring from January through December. Past participants are serving in roles ranging from CEOs to elected officials. The program sets the tone for responding to change by challenging participants to identify their own passions, take ownership of their surroundings, and get involved in making a difference.
Ascend is a young professional program that develops a pipeline of leaders for Round Rock through four pillars; personal development, community engagement, peer-to-peer, and community impact.
The 2022 Ascend class consists of:
- Zee Briseno, Round Rock Area Serving Center
- Joseph Inskeep Jr., Modern Woodmen of America
- Sharon Mackenzie, Texas Capital Bank
- Tanner O’Brien, ActionCOACH of WilCo
- Nathan Pisik, Dell Technologies
- Jawad ul Hassan Zubairi, Pixel Software Solution
“The Leadership Round Rock and Ascend programs are designed to inspire and empower future business and community leaders in Round Rock,” said Jordan Robinson, the Chamber’s Interim President and CEO. “The Chamber extends our congratulations to what will be the largest leadership class in the history of the program, and thanks the individuals for their time and commitment to advancing economic opportunity for the community.”