Economic-generation mission continues to drive work
ROUND ROCK, Texas – The Round Rock Chamber today revealed its strategic priorities for 2020 and presented a look back at its 2019 accomplishments during the December ‘State of the Chamber’ Power Lunch. The Chamber has aggressively pursued its mission of leading economic generation in Round Rock and focused on delivering substantial impact through its eight pillars of economic generation.
The Chamber reaffirmed its long-term vision to establish the City of Round Rock as a regional economic driver that offers business an environment for growth, career opportunities for residents, and an excellent quality of life for all.
“I am excited to share the accomplishments of our team in 2019,” said Jason Ball, the Chamber’s president and CEO. “In 2020, we will be working even more closely with strategic partners in education, talent development, city services, and public safety to support business expansion in Round Rock. We have selected the theme of 2020 #TomorrowTogether to recognize that economic growth involves and benefits all in Round Rock. We invite the community to join us in these efforts.”
The Chamber’s strategic priorities over the next year are:
- build the team by filling current open positions
- maintain transparent communication with stakeholders and the community
- develop an economic redevelopment and reuse strategy for aging existing facilities
- engage regional business organizations and advocacy groups on public policy issues
- promote Round Rock by sharing in the successes of our local businesses and investors
Under the leadership of its board of directors, the Chamber produced significant gains in 2019. They include:
- announced nine economic development projects representing over 468 new jobs, 508 retained jobs, and approximately $31 million in capital investment
- conducted eight business attraction trips
- completed 170 community outreach and assistance requests in support of existing business development
- launched a chamber awareness campaign
- created a quality of life business attraction video
- produced a skilled trades image campaign video focused on the healthcare industry
- incorporated GIS WebTech intelligence components for the website including real-time updates to commercial property availability and demographic information
- advocated on behalf of the community for important public policy issues including the support of the Williamson County Road and Parks Bond
- completed a workforce needs assessment
- helped organize the Ranger Ace Construction camp in Round Rock in partnership with Round Rock ISD which educated forty middle school students on construction trades
- coordinated fourteen business tours for 200 Round Rock ISD teachers
- continued promoting the skilled trades image campaign in partnership with Workforce Solutions Rural Capital Area
- partnered with Austin Community College and Round Rock ISD to implement accelerated certification classes in HVAC and plumbing resulting in fifty adults receiving pre-apprentice certification
- hosted seventy-four educators in the summer externship program
- celebrated two years of 1 Million Cups Round Rock
- collaborated with SCORE Austin in the third year of the Entrepreneurship Round Rock program
- Held the Leadership Round Rock program bringing the total number of class alumni to 613 since its formation in 1986.
- Graduated four young professionals in Ascend bringing the total class alumni to forty-three since beginning in 2010.