The mission of Leadership Round Rock is to develop leadership skills in individuals and to promote awareness of issues and opportunities that impact Round Rock. It is designed to provide participants with important information about topics such as the area’s history, infrastructure, and educational composition, as well as the significance of involvement in and support for the community.
Eligibility and Selection
You must be a Chamber member to participate in Leadership Round Rock. Local businesses and organizations are encouraged to submit nominations and provide scholarships to employees with community leadership potential. Class size is limited. The Leadership Round Rock Selection Committee reviews applications, and applicants will be notified of their status in November, approximately two months before the program commences in January of the next year.
Participants are required to attend and actively engage in subject-specific sessions, mandatory retreat, and graduation ceremony. The 2023 calendar has been finalized and is listed below.
Participants are also required to attend/participate in the following:
- A community service project (approximately 20 volunteer hours)
- Three of the following meetings: Round Rock City Council, Round Rock Independent School District Board, Round Rock Planning and Zoning Commission, Williamson County Commissioner’s Court, Round Rock Chamber Board of Directors
Pricing information for participation in the program is listed below.
- Non-member – Not eligible
- Basic and Principal – $1,650
- Classic – 10% Discount – $1,485
- President’s Club – 25% discount – $1,237.50
- Chairman’s Circle – 50% Discount – $825
- 1/12/2023: Kick-Off Meeting
- 1/18/2023: Challenge Course/Team Building
- 2/8/2023: City History and Chamber Day
- 2/22/2023: Class Service Project Meeting
- 3/22/2023: Community Involvement Day
- 4/19/2023: Higher Education Day
- 5/16/2023: County Government Day
- 6/21/2023: Water Infrastructure and Transportation Day
- July: Project Work Day (On your own)
- 8/16/2023: State and Federal Government Day
- 9/20/2023: Healthcare Day
- 10/18/2023: K-12 Day
- 11/15/2023: City Day 1
- 12/6/2023: City Day 2
- 12/13/2023*: Graduation
How to Apply
Applications for the Class of 2023 are now open! If you are interested in participating in Leadership Round Rock 2023, please complete the following application.
The Leadership Round Rock Planning Committee is a diverse group of program graduates who assist with developing the workshops, promoting the program, and encouraging alumni involvement.
The 2022 Leadership Round Rock Planning Committee Chair is Cynthia Flores, Annunciation Maternity Home. The 2023 Leadership Round Rock Planning Committee Chair will be Matt Baker, Baker Realty.