Financial Resources

Community Enhancement / Entrepreneurship / Small Business Guide / Business Resources / Financial Resources

In addition to the resources listed here, be sure to visit the Small Business Guide’s Incentives and Assistance page.

Office of the Governor, Economic Development and Tourism Division
State Insurance Building
1100 San Jacinto
Austin, Texas 78701

The Office of the Governor, Economic Development and Tourism Division is the administrator of Texas’ financial assistance programs. It supports small business financing opportunities through a number of programs.

Texas Workforce Commission
101 East 15th Street
Austin, TX 78778-0001

The Texas Workforce Commission provides workforce development services from the state level. Working in partnership with the twenty-eight workforce development boards across Texas, it is focused on providing employment support to employers, individuals, and communities.

Workforce Solutions Rural Capital Area
2701 Gattis School Road #101
Round Rock, TX 78664

Workforce Solutions Rural Capital Area (WSRCA) is the workforce investment board for Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Fayette, Hays, Lee, Llano, and Williamson counties. WSRCA provides a number of services including tax incentives, labor market information, and child care support.

U.S. Small Business Administration

SBA Austin U.S. Export Assistance Center
221 E. 11th Street – 4th Floor
Austin, TX 78701

The SBA offers several export loan programs – including the SBA Export Express, Export Working Capital Loan, and others – through its Office of International Trade (OIT). The OIT works to enhance the ability of small businesses to compete in the global marketplace; facilitate access to capital to support international trade, ensure that the interests of small business are considered and reflected in trade negotiations, and support and contribute to the U.S. government’s international agenda.

SBA Financial Division
San Antonio District Office
615 East Houston Street, Suite 298
San Antonio, TX 78205

The SBA provides a number of financial assistance programs for small businesses, including: 7(a), 504 and disaster assistance loans; government grants; and assistance in seeking venture capital and other funding options.

San Antonio District Office
615 East Houston Street, Suite 298
San Antonio, TX 78205

The U.S. Small Business Administration, the Department of Defense (DOD), the Office of Management and Budget, and the General Services Administration have taken steps to simplify the federal contracting process by creating an integrated database of small businesses that want to do business with the government. The integration of PRO-Net and DOD’s Central Contractor Registration (CCR) databases has created one portal for entering and searching small business sources. This integration assists small businesses with marketing their goods and services to the federal government.

San Antonio District Office
615 East Houston Street, Suite 298
San Antonio, TX 78205

SUB-Net is an electronic gateway of information on subcontracting opportunities for contractors and subcontractors to post notices and thereby increase competition for subcontracts on federally funded projects.

2921 E. 17th Street, Building D, Suite 100
Austin, TX 78702

PeopleFund provides small business and nonprofit loans as well as business assistance and education services to people with otherwise limited access to such resources. Since its founding, PeopleFund has helped create thousands of jobs and “empowered an even greater number of Texans on a path to financial stability and independence.”

Able Lending, Inc.
800 West Cesar Chavez Street
Austin, TX 78701

Able helps entrepreneurs grow their small business through a collaborative loan involving Backers, friends & family willing to help fund 25% of the loan. Able matches the other 75% of the loan and manages the loan and and repayment on behalf of the borrower.

Business & Community Lenders of Texas
2212 S. Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78704

Small businesses create jobs. The mission of BCL of Texas is to help them to do so by providing business coaching services, including education, access to capital, and personalized coaching. Whether your business is a fully functioning firm, a plucky start-up, or still just a million-dollar idea, let our business coaches help you take it to the next level.

2007 W. Martin Street
San Antonio, TX 78207

LiftFund provides credit and services to small businesses and entrepreneurs who do not have access to loans from commercial sources and to provide leadership and innovation to the microlending industry.