Agenda for Economic Vitality economic and small business development positions:
Economic development programs
- Support continued and increased appropriations for the Skills Development Fund and Skills for Small Business programs administered by the Texas Workforce Commission in order to support the training needs of a growing and changing workforce.
- Support reforms that eliminate invasive reporting requirements associated with the Skills Development Fund and Skills for Small Business programs grant.
- Support legislative efforts to increase access to these funds for small- and medium-sized businesses to meet their workforce training needs.
- Support educational opportunities for non-traditional students to acquire the level of basic skills needed to start and operate a business.
- Support efforts to leverage partnerships between private industry and academia, which can provide Texas universities pathways to bridge innovation and the marketplace.
Read the Agenda for Economic Vitality in its entirety.