Economic generation becomes central to organizational mission
ROUND ROCK, Texas – The Round Rock Chamber of Commerce & Economic Development Partnership today presented its new strategic plan to a packed-house audience during its monthly Power Lunch. The new plan is designed to provide a roadmap for the organization for the next five-to-ten years. It was developed with significant insight from both internal and external stakeholders. The chamber also revealed the top priorities of its 2015 business plan.
“Our new strategic plan is crafted to ensure that we are tenaciously meeting the needs of our investors and the community as a whole,” said Mike Odom, the chamber’s president and CEO. “Round Rock business leaders understand that our city is primed for continued long-term growth and are looking to us to deliver that growth in a carefully crafted and positive way. This plan reinforces our ability to accomplish that goal.”
The strategic plan consists of four elements that work in unison to build the chamber’s vision for the future. The four elements are:
- Unify the Organization – Due to the chamber’s highly successful Momentum economic development campaign, an ever-growing chasm of confusion has led some to believe that the public-private partnership created with the formation of Momentum is a separate organization. The chamber is dedicated to ensuring a single, cohesive, high-performing business entity.
- Define and Support the Mission – The overarching purpose of the chamber is to help its investors succeed by creating a dynamic and growing economy. The chamber will focus on being the economic generator of Round Rock through the eight pillars of its mission: business attraction, business retention and expansion, economic data, business climate, entrepreneurship, infrastructure, talent development, and chamber activities.
- Execute with Purpose – The chamber is committed to executing with a purpose that produces meaningful and measurable outcomes that reinforce the organizational mission.
- Communicate the Value and Results – Once the meaningful and measurable outcomes are produced, the chamber will communicate those results in order to strengthen its value to its investors and the overall community.
During today’s Power Lunch, the chamber also unveiled the top priorities of its 2015 business plan. The business plan’s principal objectives are comprised of:
- Announce ten economic development project wins
- Produce a community workforce assessment
- Develop a community entrepreneurship strategy
- Redevelop the brand
- Execute the strategic plan
The chamber plans to work to meet the goals of the strategic plan over the next five-to-ten years and 2015 business plan this year.
About the Round Rock Chamber of Commerce & Economic Development Partnership
The Round Rock Chamber of Commerce & Economic Development Partnership is one of the largest and most active business organizations in Central Texas. Its approximately 1,000 investors collectively employ more than 25,000 people in the area. It is also the region’s only accredited chamber by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. For more information, visit www.roundrockchamber.org.