MANAGER OF WORKFORCE AND INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT
The Manager of Workforce and Industry Development will lead and grow the Chamber’s workforce development programs to ensure the community produces and maintains a strong pipeline of talented individuals. The Manager will initiate, support and develop relationships between education stakeholders, business stakeholders and the local workforce board to enhance the overall community workforce pipeline. The Manager will also lead the execution and growth of the Chamber’s WROC strategy and leadership programs. Note: This is not an internal human resources position.
- Lead the successful implementation of the Chamber’s WROC talent development strategy, including the skills trades image campaign, externship program for educators, accelerated certification program, developing apprenticeship opportunities, etc.
- Evaluate the Chamber’s current talent development strategy and develop recommendations for strengthening and/or evolving the current strategy (internships, higher education partnerships and programming, etc.).
- Establish productive relationships with local businesses in order to identify, anticipate and address local-employer needs.
- Support and execute the Chamber’s leadership programs (Leadership Round Rock and Ascend).
- Identify and apply for grants to fund talent development programming (skilled trades image campaign, externships/internships, etc.) and facilitate those opportunities with industry partners, education partners and the local workforce board.
- Research, maintain and publish data to assist and support businesses and business development initiatives (demographic, socioeconomic, quality of life, labor and wages, commute patterns, major employers by industry, etc.)
- Schedule and complete onsite business retention and expansion interviews, track interactions and report findings accordingly.
- Support the economic development team on new business recruiting activities that are related to workforce development matters and program areas.
- Assist new and expanding businesses on all workforce development needs.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Talent Development Council and ensure they meet at least quarterly.
- Other duties as assigned.
The qualifications required for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economic Development, Business Administration, Public Administration or another related field. Work experience and professional certifications may be considered in lieu of education requirements.
- Four or more years of related experience.
- Must be a self-starter with strong oral communications, persuasion, and sales skills.
- Must be proactive in all aspects of the position.
- Ability to multitask and be highly organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to provide excellent customer service and be a team player.
- Experience with grant writing, management, and reporting.
- The ability to work with, coordinate, and support volunteer councils/committees.
- The ability to use software and databases to provide business intelligence, location information, and workforce-related data to local business.
- A high proficiency in Office 365 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), extensive experience with workforce related databases, and ability to learn and utilize other software as needed for the position.
- Knowledge of available workforce and business development programs is preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Other skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Ability to plan and execute meeting logistics.
- Ability to design agendas and lead meetings, both internal and external to the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively with high level management.
- Ability to design and deliver professional public presentations.
- Ability to handle inquiries through effective face-to-face, telephone, and/or email communication.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals, including staff, volunteers, prospects, investors, and the general public.
- Ability to pursue various projects simultaneously to completion.
- Must work cooperatively with other employees and be a team player.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls or visits.