The Business After Hours program is one of the chamber’s most highly anticipated and well-attended monthly events. This event is held from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on a Tuesday evening. The Business After Hours program serves two purposes. The event allows the host to showcase its business, services, and facilities to the business community and it offers chamber investors the chance to meet one another and network in a casual and relaxed atmosphere.
The following provisions and guidelines have been established to assist in the positive outcome of the Business After Hours program.
- The host must be a current chamber investor in good standing at the Classic level or above at the time the event is booked and at the time it is held. If you are not yet a Classic level invester, invest today.
- The chamber will market the Business After Hours event in The WiN, a weekly newsletter, on the chamber’s website event page, and on the chamber’s social media pages.
- The host will provide the chamber with their logo and background information to be used in promotional materials.
- The chamber will provide blank name tags for the event. The host will provide a check-in area at the event.
- If the host wishes to send out additional invitations, the host is responsible for the design of the invitations, which must include the chamber’s logo and contact information.
- Invitations must be approved by the chamber before being distributed.
- The location where the Business After Hours event is to be held should accommodate up to seventy-five people and have adequate parking.
- The chamber staff should have access to the event space fifteen minutes prior to the event for set up.
- It is recommended that the host provide two or more door prizes as attendance is generally increased with the expectation of drawings.
- The host should provide an area for collection of business cards for the drawing.
- The event should reflect the host’s personality and style. Feel free to display any promotional materials or items for attendees. This can include promotional give-aways.
- A chamber representative will welcome the crowd and begin introductions and announcements at approximately 5:45 p.m. The host will designate a spokesperson to present a two-minute overview for the business during the announcements.
- It is very important to have enough food and beverages to last through the event. Finger foods and hors d’oeuvres are recommended. Suggested beverages include beer, wine, soft drinks, and water. Beverage tickets can be used for liability purposes. The chamber does ask that you utilize fellow chamber investors which can be found on the chamber’s online Business Directory for catering.
To host a Business After Hours in the Round Rock area, please complete the information in the Business After Hours request form here.