An abundant and viable workforce is a key component of any economic generation strategy. The chamber is fanatically focused on ensuring that Round Rock produces and maintains a strong pipeline of talented individuals. Our successful workforce efforts will have incalculable positive results for our business community.
Agenda for Economic Vitality workforce development positions:
Adult basic education (e.g., computer literacy and English as a second language)
- Support educational opportunities for non-traditional students, including adult learners who did not complete a secondary education credential, to acquire the level of basic skills needed to enter the workforce.
- Support funding options to promote degree, credential, and/or certification completion.
- Support legislative efforts to promote programs that simultaneously allow adult learners to complete degrees, credentials, and/or certifications for the purpose of increasing workforce ready graduates.
Skills Development Fund
- Support continued and increased appropriations for the Skills Development Fund program administered by the Texas Workforce Commission in order to support the training needs of a growing and changing workforce.
- Support reforms that eliminate invasive reporting requirements associated with the Skills Development Fund program grant.
- Support legislative efforts to increase access to these funds for small- and medium-sized businesses to meet their workforce training needs.
- Support tools to customize local workforce and education opportunity, better track veteran hiring.
Read the Agenda for Economic Vitality in its entirety.