Agenda for Economic Vitality employment law positions:
Family and Medical Leave Act
- Oppose efforts to modify the FMLA, and oppose any initiatives to require employers to pay for FMLA leave with unemployment insurance taxes.
- Support legislation to allow the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) to hire outside contractors on a pay-for-performance basis to assist in efforts to detect and remedy unemployment benefits fraud.
- Support heavy sanctions and aggressive prosecution of workers’ compensation fraud by both employers and employees.
- Support efforts to maintain a strong right-to-work law in Texas and oppose agency shop legislation.
Wage and price controls
- Support efforts to eliminate wage and price controls of any kind.
Union dues payroll collection
- Oppose efforts to allow public employees, or to require private employers, to subsidize or promote labor unions or similar organizations through payroll collection of dues and contributions.
Read the Agenda for Economic Vitality in its entirety.