POSITION: Community Enhancement Intern (Part-Time, Temporary)
The Round Rock Chamber has undergone a true evolution. With a new strategic plan, a refocused mission, and an aggressive business plan, we are reinforcing our position as the community’s economic-generation leader. By focusing on meaningful and measurable results in support of our approximately 1,000 investors, we are ensuring that Round Rock is the preeminent business community in all of Texas.
The breadth of this goal requires an upbeat, highly-motivated, and professional individual to be our part-time community enhancement intern. The intern will work with the vice president of community enhancement, who oversees the work of four of our eight pillars of economic generation – business climate (e.g., taxation, regulation, healthcare), entrepreneurship (e.g., small business, innovation, access to capital), infrastructure (e.g., traffic congestion, mobility, development), and talent development (e.g., workforce, public education, post-secondary education).
The part-time community enhancement intern is responsible for research and professional writing on high-priority projects. The role is also responsible for assisting with community enhancement programs and special projects. This may include meeting planning and logistics, interviewing community members, and representing the chamber at community events.
The perfect person for this job is a self-starter and has:
- a bachelor’s degree or is currently enrolled in a college program
- a minimum of one-year experience in public policy, community development, entrepreneurship, or related field
- experience in research, writing, and project management
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- the ability to provide excellent customer service and be a team player
- the ability to produce a large quantity of high quality work
- a demonstrated ability to work well with volunteers and staff at all levels
- a high proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- a keen interest in Round Rock and supporting budding entrepreneurs and the local business community
The part-time community enhancement intern will work up to twenty hours per week at a rate of $12 per hour. The position is for a period of up to six months.
If you believe you are the right person to help us fulfill this role, please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com. We will consider every applicant and respond quickly. No visits. No phone calls.